We are partnering with a highly, acquisitive, PE backed portfolio company looking to add a Senior Accountant to the team.
This is a highly visible role with exposure to upper management. The ideal candidate will need to successfully multi-task while meeting deadlines on a consistent basis. This newly created position calls for a high energy and inquisitive professional that will continuously seek to increase the efficiencies of existing processes.
You will be responsible for the monthly close (including cost accounting), account reconciliations, and variance analysis. The Senior Accountant will also ensure that the financial statements are completed in accordance with GAAP. There will be interactions with operational leaders as this role will be responsible for the coordination and reconciliation of cycle and year-end inventory counts. Additionally, this role will assist the Corporate Controller with various tasks such as managing the balancing and net settlement of intercompany accounts as well as assisting with the management of OneStream, the company’s consolidation platform. This role will also be a liaison with the company’s auditors.
- Assist in the completion of the month-end close including preparing and posting journal entries.
- Completing and reviewing monthly account reconciliations (including fixed asset and inventory tie outs from subledger to ledger).
- Analyze actual trends as well as variances to budget and prior month.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly reporting packages.
- Coordinate inventory cycle counts and complete associated reconciliations.
- Make recommendations to management regarding cost saving or profit generating opportunities and profitability improvement strategies.
- Work with Finance and Production peers to drive continuous improvement of policies, procedures and processes.
- Assist Corporate Controller with the following:
- Managing OneStream application.
- Manage the reconciliation and net settlement of Intercompany accounts.
- Assist with the annual audit,
- Other projects as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel including, but not limited to V look up, pivot tables, charts, graphs and tables.
- Familiarity with Power BI and OneStream a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal skills with proven ability to develop and maintain effective business partner relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Strong teamwork and project management skills combined with the ability to work as part of a cross functional team.
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Able to proactively question and challenge to prioritize and identify solutions in a timely manner.
- Intellectually curious in and always seeking to understand, learn and find improvement opportunities.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree (or equivalent) Accounting/Finance; CPA, CMA, or MBA
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and foster relationships with financial and operations personnel.
- Must be able to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and organize workload to meet organizational timelines in a fast paced and high growth environment.
Get to know our
Other Open Positions
Director of Accounting
$1,400,001 - $160,000
Director of AccountingThis position sits in an extremely fast growing, highly acquisitive, multi-site private equity backed healthcare organization. The position is newly created to support growth and sophisticate internal controls.Geography: 100% remoteThe Director of Accou ....
$105,000 - $120,000
ControllerThis position is with a newly purchased PE backed service organization. The Controller will lead the financial and administrative management of the growing business. This individual will be the top accounting person within the organization reporting to the Owner. ....
$140,000 - $170,000
ControllerThis position is with a newly purchased PE backed consumer service organization. The Controller will lead the financial and administrative management of the growing business. This individual will own the entire Accounting and Finance function, reporting to the CFO ....
$150,000 - $180,000
Director, FinanceWe have entered into a partnership with a mid-market consumer service organization backed by private equity, and they are seeking to appoint a Director of Finance to their team. The Director of Finance, reporting directly to the CFO, will be responsible for ....
Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
$110,000 - $130,000
Manager, Financial Planning and AnalysisWe have entered into a partnership with a mid-market consumer service organization backed by private equity, and they are seeking to appoint a Manager FPA to their team. Reporting to the VP of FP&A, the Manager, Financial Plannin ....
Vice President, Finance Operations
$180,000 - $200,000
Vice President, Finance Operations A healthcare company with backing from Private Equity, operating across multiple sites, is seeking to appoint a Vice President to strengthen their operational finance team. With a strong focus on acquisitions, the company is expanding its ....